We live near many walking and bike paths not to mention some interesting walking tours. If it is Golf you are looking for, there are several courses within 15 minutes and half a dozen within 25 minutes. Besides the grounds to relax in, you are close to Waterloo Park with an abundance of adventures! Our new regional Spur Line Trail will take you to the University trail network all the way to downtown Kitchener.
As our guests, you are more than welcome to use our bicycles. We also have various outdoor games and equipment to use on the property or around the corner at the park.
We Have the Best Of Uptown And Country!
Further information can be found at Explore Waterloo Region. It includes the cities of Cambridge, Kitchener, and Waterloo as well as the townships of North Dumfries, Wellesley, Wilmot and Woolwich.
In this unique area you'll find a careful balance between unspoiled, natural beauty and vibrant urban life. Visitors can spend time exploring fascinating historic landmarks or discovering our many wonderful restaurants, farmer's markets, theatres, factory outlets, galleries, and colourful festivals. Sports enthusiasts have a wealth of activities, from world class golf courses, great fishing, and canoeing, to hiking and trail-riding along our beautiful Grand River.
Recreational Centers and Parks:
• Waterloo Recreation Complex – a 5 minute walk from us www.thecomplex.ca
• Rim Park – 10 minute drive – www.city.waterloo.on.ca
• Waterloo Park – 8 minute walk – www.waterloo.ca
• Bingemans – 8 minute drive – www.bingemans.com
• Elora Conservation Area – 40 minute drive – www.grandriver.ca
• Laurel Creek Conservation Area – 10 minute drive – www.grandriver.ca
Here are a few of note, many within walking distance! .
* Taco Farm
* ABE ERB
* Bauer Kitchen
* Bhima’s Warung
* Cameron Seafood (Chinese)
* Duke of Wellington
* Harmony Lunch
* Huether Hotel
* Jane Bond
* Lion Brewery
* Nick and Nat's
* Thai Sun
* Beer Town
* Lancaster Smoke House
* Red House
* Block Three
* ABE ERB
* Waterloo Brewing
Theatre, Music, Museums & Galleries; Lots to do!
* Perimeter Institute: Lectures and Music
* Center in the Square
* The Registry Theatre
* KW Symphony
* Waterloo Community Arts Center
* Button Factory
* Clay and Glass Gallery
* The Museum
* Joseph Schneider House
* Castle Kilbride
* Homer Watson House and Gallery
* KW Art Gallery
* Waterloo Region Museum
• University of Waterloo
• Wilfred Laurier
• Conestoga College
• CIGI (Center for International Governance Innovation)
• Perimeter Institute
• St. Jacob’s Farmer’s Market
• West Montrose Covered Bridge
• Elmira Maple Syrup Festival
• Mennonite Relief Sale and Quilt Auction
• Uptown Jazz Festival
• Buskers Festival
• Doors Open Waterloo
• Wellesley Apple Butter and Cheese festival
• Christkindl Market
These are just a few reasons to visit us year round!